Alberta Alpine Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Alberta Alpine is monitoring the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and is following guidance provided by Alberta Health Services, the Government of Canada, and Alpine Canada Alpin, as it relates to travel advisories, and information for hosting events and mass-gatherings.
Outlined below are some general advisories:
- All athletes and staff who have been in Europe have a duty to disclose any symptoms and to comply with directives from officials under the Quarantine Act.
- Recommendations for protecting yourself and preventing spread of this illness include frequent hand washing and covering both your nose and mouth when coughing. Try to cough or sneeze into your arm, away from others, or into tissue paper (to be disposed in toilet). Wash your hands immediately afterwards. You should avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness.
- Everyone should practice social distancing, which means change how you greet one another. Instead of a handshake, a kiss or a hug, a friendly wave or elbow bump is less likely to expose you to respiratory viruses.
- As per recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada avoid places where you cannot easily separate yourself from others if you become ill.
- If you start having symptoms of COVID-19 isolate yourself from others as quickly as possible. Immediately call a health care professional or the public health authority in the province or territory where you are located. Describe your symptoms and travel history. They will provide advice on what you should do.
- For further guidance, please visit this website.
In addition, for information regarding event hosting precautions, please see the Government of Canada COVID-19 Risk-Informed Decision Making guidelines.
Alberta Alpine will continue to monitor this situation, and provide further information and guidance as this evolves.