Alberta Alpine Alberta Cup
PROVINCIAL FIS RACE SERIES
To see races, select “FIS” on Race Calendar Event Type drop-down
Alberta Cup Provincial FIS Race Series
Who: U19, U21: A FIS race series for athletes aged 16 and older (as of December 31st of the current year)
AIM: Learn to Race – Train to Race
Where: Alberta and British Columbia
The Alpine Insurance Alberta Cup Series offers high quality racing and development opportunities for those athletes aspiring to the highest levels of our sport. Training programs provide a progression from the Learn to Race – Train to Race phases of the Long Term Skier Development Model (AIM 2 Win) and offer intensive technical, tactical, physical, and mental training in order to prepare athletes to compete at this level.
- Competitors must be registered with the Federation Internationale de Ski (FIS).
- Each coach must be a an accredited ACA CSC coach and a minimum of Performance Level certified coach certification is recommended for the Head FIS Coach in each
- All aspects of the competition and competitors’ equipment must conform to the International Ski Competition Rules (ICR). For more information consult the rules and publications section at http://www.fis-ski.com.
- The awards for each race will include medals for the following:
- Top three male and female competitors overall
- Top three male and female U19 competitors
- Most improved male and female competitors
- In the event of a tie in a race or a series final, both racers will receive the points and awards for the tied position. The position following the tie will be
- The Alberta Cup Series is based on the competitors’ results from all Alberta series