Alpine Insurance Alberta Cup
PROVINCIAL FIS RACE SERIES
|Panorama, BC, CAN||2GS, 2SL||2016-12-19||2016-12-22|
|Lake Louise, AB, CAN||2GS, 2SL||2017-01-19||2017-01-22|
|Mt. Norquay, AB, CAN||1GS, 1SL||2017-02-24||2017-02-25|
|Mt. Norquay, AB, CAN||2SL||2017-04-14||2017-04-15|
Who: A FIS race series for athletes aged 16 and older (as of December 31st of the current year)
AIM: Learn to Race – Train to Race
Where: Alberta and British Columbia
The Alpine Insurance Alberta Cup FIS Series offers high quality racing and development
opportunities for those athletes aspiring to the highest levels of our
sport. Training programs provide a progression from the Learn to Race –
Train to Race phases of the Long Term Skier Development Model (AIM 2
Win) and offer intensive technical, tactical, physical, and mental
training in order to prepare athletes to compete at this level.
• Competitors must be registered with the Federation Internationale de Ski (FIS).
• Each coach must be a member in good standing of the Canadian Ski
Coaches Federation (CSCF), a minimum of Performance (Level 3) coach
certification is recommended for the Head FIS Coach in each club.
• All aspects of the competition and competitors’ equipment must conform
to the International Ski Competition Rules (ICR). For more information
consult the rules and publications section at http://www.fis-ski.com
• The awards for each race will include medals for the following:
o Top three male and female competitors overall
o Top three male and female u18 competitors
o Most improved male and female competitors
• In the event of a tie in a race or a series final, both racers will
receive the points and awards for the tied position. The position
following the tie will be unassigned.
- The Alberta Cup Series is based on the competitors’ results from all series races.