PROVINCIAL FIS RACE SERIES: GMC CUP
To see races, select “FIS” on Race Calendar Event Type drop-down
Alberta Cup Provincial FIS Race Series
Who: U19, U21: A FIS race series for athletes aged 16 and older (as of December 31st of the current year)
AIM: Learn to Race – Train to Race
Where: Alberta and British Columbia
The GMC Cup Series offers high quality racing and development opportunities for those athletes aspiring to the highest levels of our sport. Training programs provide a progression from the Learn to Race – Train to Race phases of the Long Term Skier Development Model (AIM 2 Win) and offer intensive technical, tactical, physical, and mental training in order to prepare athletes to compete at this level.
- Competitors must be registered with the Federation Internationale de Ski (FIS).
- Each coach must be a an accredited ACA CSC coach and a minimum of Performance Level certified coach certification is recommended for the Head FIS Coach in each
- All aspects of the competition and competitors’ equipment must conform to the International Ski Competition Rules (ICR). For more information consult the rules and publications section at http://www.fis-ski.com.
- The awards for each race will include medals for the following:
- Top three male and female competitors overall
- Top three male and female U19 competitors
- Most improved male and female competitors
- In the event of a tie in a race or a series final, both racers will receive the points and awards for the tied position. The position following the tie will be
- The GMC Cup Series is based on the competitors’ results from all Alberta series