2020 SCHOLARSHIPS and BURSARIES OVERVIEW
- Important Notes to Applicants:
1. It is perfectly acceptable to submit your application early. In light of school cancellations, please secure detailed academic reports on-line and forward with applications.
2. It is acceptable and expected that you will apply for any and all scholarships for which you are eligible. Awards and scholarships are available to Alberta athletes in various age groups.
3. Please apply! All applications are forwarded to the Awards and Scholarships Committee for review and decisions.
- Application deadline of March 13, 2020, for the following scholarship/awards;
- Rob Bosinger Ski Scholarship (U16)
- Application deadline of March 30, 2020, for the following scholarships;
- Brent Marshall Memorial Scholarship (U16 & U18)
- David Murray Memorial Scholarship (U18 & U21)
- Ski Canada Magazine Award (U14 & U16)
- Franklin Donald Bean Award (Male AST athlete)
- Cary Mullen ‘Character’ Award – see application info below (U12, U14, U16, FIS & AST)
- Application deadline of June 1, 2020, for the following scholarships;
- Read Family Scholarship (Alberta Ski Team Athletes)
- 2020 Documents:
Applications must be submitted as a complete package by noon of the date applicable to each scholarship (as listed above). Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
CARY MULLEN ‘CHARACTER’ AWARD for Courage, Commitment, Confidence and Camaraderie
Who is a champion in your eyes? In sport we are all familiar with the measure of success through podium finishes, but striving to be our best every day is equally important for success in life.
The Cary Mullen Character Award is presented to six athletes who display the qualities of a true champion in their ski racing pursuits: courage, commitment, confidence and camaraderie. Recognition is given to athletes at all levels of participation: U12, U14, U16, FIS and the Alberta Ski Team. Nominations are welcome from coaches, athletes and general club members.
Who inspires you? Let us know by simply submitting a letter of support for your chosen athlete.
COACHES OR CLUB MEMBERS: Please submit nomination letters to Alberta Alpine Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, April 24, 2020 at noon (MST). Late nomination letters will not be considered. Please see detailed description of criteria below.
- Cary donates six trophies each year to be awarded to athletes who display the qualities of a true champion in their ski racing pursuits. He defines the qualities as: Courage, Commitment, Confidence and Camaraderie.
- Cary was inspired by an award like this one when he was a young athlete and wanted to recognize the efforts of athletes as they strive to be the best.
- Athletes can be nominated by their clubs, their coaches, other athletes.
- 2 awards for U12 and under (NZ & SZ) athletes, 2 awards for U14/U16 (NZ & SZ) athletes, 1 FIS age athlete, 1 Alberta Ski Team athlete.