SCHOLARSHIPS AND BURSARIES OVERVIEW
- Application deadline for all scholarships will be March 24, 2017 at noon (MST)
- Various awards and scholarships are available to Alberta athletes
- All applications are forwarded to the Awards and Scholarships Committee for review and decisions
1. It is perfectly acceptable to submit your application early. Remember that Whistler Cup, spring break, teachers taking holiday and other events may occur around the same time as the scholarship deadline.
2. It is acceptable and expected that you will apply for any and all scholarships for which you are eligible
3. Please apply.
Application must be submitted as a complete package by noon, Thursday, March 24, 2017. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Cary Mullen Award for Courage, Commitment, Confidence and Comaraderie
COACHES OR CLUB MEMBERS: Please submit nomination letters to Alberta Alpine Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, March 24, 2017 at noon (MST). Late nomination letters will not be considered. Please see detailed description of criteria below.
- Cary donates six trophies each year to be awarded to athletes who display the qualities of a true champion in their ski racing pursuits. He defines the qualities as: Courage, Commitment, Confidence and Camaraderie
- Cary was inspired by an award like this one when he was a young athlete and wanted to recognize the efforts of athletes as they strive to be the best
- Athletes can be nominated by their clubs, their coaches, other athletes….
- 2 awards for U12 and under (NZ & SZ) athletes, 2 awards for U14/U16 (NZ & SZ) athletes, 1 FIS age athlete, 1 Alberta Ski Team athlete