SCHOLARSHIPS AND BURSARIES OVERVIEW
- Application deadline of March 23, 2018 at noon (MST), for the following scholarship/awards;
- Rob Bosinger Ski Scholarship (U16)
- Cary Mullen ‘Character’ Award – see application info below (U12, U14, U16, FIS & AST)
- Application deadline of March 30, 2018 at noon (MST), for the following scholarships;
- Brent Marshall Memorial Scholarship (U16 & U18)
- David Murray Memorial Scholarship (U18 & U21)
- Ski Canada Magazine Award (U14 & U16)
- Franklin Donald Bean Award (Male AST athlete)
- Edmonton Alpine Ski Grant (U14 to SR FIS)
- Application deadline of April 15, 2018 at noon (MST), for the following scholarships;
- Dee & Ken Read Scholarships (U16 to FIS)
- Awards and scholarships are available to Alberta athletes in various age groups
- All applications are forwarded to the Awards and Scholarships Committee for review and decisions
1. It is perfectly acceptable to submit your application early. Remember that Whistler Cup, spring break, teachers taking holiday and other events may occur around the same time as the scholarship deadline.
2. It is acceptable and expected that you will apply for any and all scholarships for which you are eligible
3. Please apply.
Applications must be submitted as a complete package by noon, Friday, March 23, 2018, noon, Friday, March 30, 2018 or Thursday, April 15, 2018 (as listed above). Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
NOTE: Rob Bosinger Ski Scholarship applications must be submitted by noon, Friday, March 23, 2018, in order for scholarships to be awarded at the April 1st, Kinder Cup Event at Norquay.
CARY MULLEN ‘CHARACTER’ AWARD for Courage, Commitment, Confidence and Comaraderie
COACHES OR CLUB MEMBERS: Please submit nomination letters to Alberta Alpine Member Services at email@example.com on or before Friday, March 23, 2018 at noon (MST). Late nomination letters will not be considered. Please see detailed description of criteria below.
- Cary donates six trophies each year to be awarded to athletes who display the qualities of a true champion in their ski racing pursuits. He defines the qualities as: Courage, Commitment, Confidence and Camaraderie
- Cary was inspired by an award like this one when he was a young athlete and wanted to recognize the efforts of athletes as they strive to be the best
- Athletes can be nominated by their clubs, their coaches, other athletes….
- 2 awards for U12 and under (NZ & SZ) athletes, 2 awards for U14/U16 (NZ & SZ) athletes, 1 FIS age athlete, 1 Alberta Ski Team athlete