March 21, 2018
Rob Bosinger Ski Scholarship
Applications due FRIDAY, MARCH 23
- National carded U16 female
- National carded U16 male
The scholarship is in memory of Rob Bosinger, a coach and mentor of U16 skiers over the years, who died suddenly of cardiac arrhythmia on May 20th, 2005. Funds are raised each year during the Head to Head Race Series; this year’s race events will be held at Mount Norquay on March 31 – April 1, 2018. Scholarships will be awarded during the Kinder Cup on Sunday, April 1st, 2018.
Two Rob Bosinger Ski Scholarships are awarded each year to assist in meeting the costs of ski racing: one to a talented young male ski racer and one to a talented young female ski racer. Candidates will hold a National Card and be born in 2002 or 2003.
$2,500 will be awarded per scholarship, largest in Canada for the U16 age group.
CLICK HERE for more info about Bozo Cup
The winners of the scholarships will be U16 ski racers who exemplify the qualities that Rob stood for: passion for the sport, ambition and courage, combined with talent and accomplishment, in pursuit of excellence in ski racing in Alberta. See list of other scholarships & criteria HERE
- Application Form – CLICK HERE
- Personal Cover Letter – from applicant
- Academic Transcript – NOTE: must be Alberta Education High School Transcript (obtained from school’s guidance department)
- Copy of Most Recent National Points – see ACApoints.ca
- One Letter of Reference from coach or club/team official or board member – should be personalized
- Alberta Alpine Scholarship Form for Teachers – CLICK HERE – completed by teacher from current year
- Signature of Parent or Guardian – on application form
Email completed application to email@example.com by noon on Friday, March 23rd, 2018
Categorised in: News