Member from 2010 to 2011
Cath Wood—Alberta Ski Member 2010-11
1. What club did you ski with and how many years were you on the Alberta Ski Team?
I skied Nancy Greene through K1 with KASC, and K2 through FIS with BAR. I was on the Alberta Ski Team for a year.
2. Your age? 18
3. Who were some of your coaches?
K1- Andrew Sartisson, Laura Glowicki
K2 – Mike Marsh, Steph O’Brien, Duane Baird and Maryse Daze.
FIS- Tom Penney, Cam Stephen, Chris McKnight.
AST – Mike Necesanek, Cam Stephen and Mike Marsh.
4. Highlight of your career with the provincial team?
Traveling to New Zealand twice, for summer training!
5. Highlight of your ski racing career?
My first race back after I injured myself. That was the most amazing feeling knowing all my hard work had paid off and I dropped my points lower then I ever had at the time.
6. What are you doing for the summer?
Finishing up Math and working!
7. What will you be doing next fall?
I’ll be going to University of Victoria, studying psychology and ocean sciences.
8. Do you have any tips you’d like to pass on to young racers?
Send it! and don’t take a single day for granted.
9. What is your favorite ski area and why?
Fernie, every time I have gone there they always have amazing snow and the runs are long!
10. Music on your iPod?
Country – LOTS of Keith Urban! Jason Aldean, Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood etc…and 50 cent.
11. Anything else you would like to add?
Decide what you want and go for it!