January 30, 2019
These are some of my go-to make ahead breakfasts to save time for those busy mornings.
- Overnight Oats
- Pineapple Bliss Smoothie
- Breakfast Burrito
- Crustless Pesto Quiche Muffins with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Greek Yogurt & Berries
Easy Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup milk or unsweetened plain almond milk
- 3/4 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 Tbsp Natural peanut butter (I personally love Adams peanut butter)
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup steel cut rolled oats
- Sliced banana, Frozen Pineapple, Strawberries, or Raspberries
- To a mason jar or small bowl, add milk, flax seeds, peanut butter, and maple syrup and stir with a spoon to combine.
- Add oats and stir a few more times. Then press down with a spoon to ensure all oats have been moistened and are immersed in almond milk.
- Cover securely with a lid or plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 6 hours)
Pineapple Bliss Smoothie
1 Serving Prep Time & Cook Time 5 Minutes
1 Frozen Banana
1/2 Cup Frozen Pineapple
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter (Personally I love Adams peanut butter)
¾ Cup Greek Yogurt
- Place all ingredients into the blender
- blend until well mixed
- Gulp and Enjoy! 🙂
1 whole grain tortilla/wrap
2 eggs scrambled
3 tbsp salsa
- Cook eggs as desired (I find scrambling to be the easiest). Add everything on the wrap and serve. Or reheat next morning.
*Freezing option: Cook as instructed above. Wait to cool then wrap in scran and freeze. Remove in the morning and reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds – 1 minute. Eat and enjoy. This recipe was retrieved from Simply For Life.
Pesto & Sundried Tomato Crustless Quiche
- 1 cup broccoli (chopped)
- 8 Eggs
- 1 cup cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes (in in oil drain first)
- 1 tbsp. pesto
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat Eggs
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it all together to distribute the spices evenly.
- Pour egg mixture into well-greased muffin tray.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
(There should be no liquid when you cut into it) When you take it out of the oven, it may be puffy. That’s okay. Just let it cool and serve with toast. These also freezer great! 😊
Greek Yogurt & Berries
- ¾ Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Berries (I use frozen berries)
- ¼ Cup Granola
- 1 Tbsp Ground flax or chia seeds or hemp hearts
- 2 tsp maple syrup (Optional)
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl. Mix and Enjoy! 😊