January 4, 2019
U16 Canada Winter Games
(Red Deer/Nakiska February 23-March 3, 2019)
➢ Canadian Domestic Quota policy provides for a Team Alberta represented by 14 U16 athletes (7 men & 7 women).
➢ Selection will be based on the results of the Opening U16 Series Races
➢ 12 athletes will be selected from Criteria’s A and B and the last 2 athletes selected may be exposed to criteria C if needed *
➢ All Team Alberta athletes will compete in all 4 disciplines SG/GS/SL/SX
➢ Selection to Team Alberta will occur in the following order:
➢ Criteria A
- Race winners are automatically selected
- Winners are gold medalists
➢ Criteria B
- Highest combined points from any two races – 200 max.
- In the event of a tie, the spot goes to the racer with the best single event finish.
- If still tied the tiebreaker will be race points accumulated in their top two finishes.
➢ Criteria C
- *Special Circumstance (if needed) an official request by one of the U16 head coaches should be tabled before the end of Jan 9th, 2019.
- *only used if needed. Coaches discretion – 2 spots max
➢ Athletes named to Team Alberta for the Canada Winter Games will travel, room, and operate as a team and will be supported by a group of coaches selected and managed by Alberta Alpine.
➢ Team Alberta coaches will be chosen by the Provincial Program Director based on: athletes qualified for the event, certification level, demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, and coaching development needs.
Any questions, please contact Gavin Preziosi, Provincial Program Director.
Categorised in: News