November 7, 2018
Tips to take planning into doing:
- Schedule it in: Setting aside time to plan your meals and prepare your snacks. This will help to curb your hunger and get your fueling more consistently. We each have routines and often it is easier to let go of food/meal prep.
- Prioritize: Find a time that works for you but make sure this is not the last thing on your list. Make a grocery list based of the meals/snacks you will need for the week.
- Small Changes Big Gains: Start small and build up. If you’re not currently planning/preparing meals/snacks start with 1 meal or snack for the week and build up from here. Supplement your other meals with planned ready to eat meals to help have easy meals/snacks on hand.
- Make It a family Affaire: Get input from your kids for meal ideas and get their help. Ie) Taco Tuesday. Get the kids to prep the filling (shredded cheese tomatoes, chopped lettuce, chopped peppers). Make extra and have a Taco Salad with rice for lunch.
Fueling for your sport is critical for success (recovery, optimizing performance and sustaining your workout). This snack is a great snack to have on route to the hill or post ski fuel. Prep for these is easy it just requires a food processor.
Let’s get planning and try out these muffins. If you need help planning your weekly meals or snacks, please call me and I can setup a one on one meeting to get your going.
Leslie Steeves RD | 587-438-0464
Banana Bread Muffin Tops:
2 large ripe bananas, peeled
1/2 cup packed pitted Medjool dates (~7 dates)
1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups Rolled Oats, divided
3-4 tablespoons Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the peeled bananas, pitted dates**, coconut oil, and vanilla into a food processor. Process until smooth. I let it run for a minute or so.
- Add in the cinnamon, baking powder, and salt and process again until combined.
- Add in 1.5 cups of the rolled oats and process for only 4-5 seconds, just long enough to roughly chop the oats.
- Remove processor from the base and then remove the blade and set aside. Carefully stir in the remaining 1/2 cup rolled oats and the chocolate chips.
- Spoon a large portion of dough (about 3-4 tablespoons or so for each) onto the parchment. Do not press down on the dough to flatten -simply leave it in a mound on the baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes, rotate the pan, and bake for another 7-9 minutes until golden brown on the bottom.
- Immediately transfer the baking sheet onto a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Then lift off muffins and place on the rack to cool completely.
**Make sure you use very soft Medjool dates. If you are hard dates, be sure to soak them in water until softened before proceeding with recipe. (I microwave them in water for 30 seconds drain water and they are ready to use).
ANGELA (OH SHE GLOWS) on JANUARY 17, 2014. Banana Bread Muffin Tops https://ohsheglows.com/2014/01/17/banana-bread-muffin-tops/
Categorised in: GrassRoots Nutrition