March 8, 2018
Week 2: Foster Healthy Eating Habits
Unlock your potential to discover
Try these 9 Tips!
- Making a weekly plan helps with decision making, eating foods that you want, saves money, and reduces impulse eating.
- Let go of Black & White: Your plan doesn’t have to be all or nothing. Build a plan that works for your life. This may be a combination of planning home cooked meals, take out options and pre-prepared salads/options. Resources: Healthy chef, Fit Kitchen, Chefs plate, made foods
- Favorite Foods: Identify what foods feel best for you Foods that nourish you/Taste delicious
- Try a new dish: Recipe swap with friends, Do a spin off one of your favorite classic recipes
- Plan to have meals free of distraction and at a table.
- Build a dinner routine that is stress free and is in an enjoyable relaxing environment
- Creating balance; Veggies, fruits, carbohydrates, protein and healthy fats into your meals.
- Check in with your hunger cues and strategize how to manage these:
- Physiological Hunger: Stomach is growling, haven’t eating in a long time/plan snacks
- Emotional Hunger: Stress full day at work, boredom, distracted eating/set a timer, try to identify emotion (stress, happiness, tired board),
- Mouth Hunger: Just need the taste of a food generally due to habit (dessert after dinner), or smelling something that taste good (mini doughnuts, fresh cookies
9. Find healthy outlets for stress: Exercise, meditation, self care practices, talking with a friend/family member.