January 4, 2018
The 2018 Alberta Winter Games takes place February 16-19, 2018, in Wood Buffalo/Fort MacMurray. 80 alpine athletes (40 per gender) will race GS, SL, and a Team PSL, in fully sanctioned AASA/ACA national points formats.
There is also an extensive amount of info on the Alberta Games website that can be found at https://albertasport.ca/alberta-games/winter-games/
The following is all the information athletes/parents/coaches need to know to start the Alberta Winter Games registration process.
The excel document attached below is the master qualifying list;
- Athlete with a Green Qualification Status have successfully qualified to attend the games.
- Athletes in Yellow are slated as alternates and could be activated up to 48 hours prior to the games.
- Zone Alt– indicates the athlete is next in line for the zone should zone quota become available
- Fill Alt – indicates the athletes are next in line should fill quota become available
All qualified athletes & alternates MUST complete two (2) registration processes:
FIRST: Register on the Alberta Winter Games Website as a “participant” and select “athlete” – no later than Friday 12 January 2018.
- Go to https://albertasport.ca/alberta-games/winter-games/register/
- Further registration instructions can be found in the other document attached below if you need help.
- It is important to note that when an athlete registers they will NOT receive a confirmation email or letter until they are activated, which is coordinated by Alberta Alpine.
SECOND: Register with Alberta Alpine & pay $60 via ZONE 4 – no later than Friday 12 January 2018.
COACHES & CHAPERONES
All zones are required to send two coaches (one male and one female) and two chaperones (one male and one female) to the games.
Must register on the Alberta Winter Games Website as a “participant” and select “coach” – no later than Friday 12 January 2018.
Congratulations to all Qualified Athletes.
Categorised in: Uncategorized