September 21, 2017
MASTERS HELMETS – Effective immediately for the 17/18 season all master’s athletes will be required to conform to FIS Helmet rules for all ACA and AASA sanctioned races.
INCREASING SAFETY STANDARDS – Following the Fall athletics Directors Meetings there will significant increases to rules surrounding back and face protection in AASA and ACA. The terminology of ‘highly recommended’ is visible in the rules documents this season (17-18) with regards to back protectors for U14 and up in GS, SG and DH and the use of chin guards for the same ages groups in SL. ACA & AASA Domestic policy will change to mandatory for the 2018/2019 competition season requiring all U14 and older racers to wear back protection in GS, SG, DH, and SX and Chin Guards in SL. AASA will look to mandate protection and SL chin guards in all athletics projects for the age groups this winter.
CSCF MEMBERSHIP DUES – Alpine Canada Alpin (ACA) is pleased to announce that membership renewal is now open to our coach members for the 2017-2018 season. Log into www.canskicoach.org to renew your single membership and visit CSIA at www.snowpro.com for your dual and triple membership.
TRANSER OF CERTIFIED LEVEL 3 TO PERFORMANCE LEVEL – Alpine Canada Alpin (ACA) in partnership with the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) will be transferring all Certified Level 3 coaches to Certified Performance Level Coach status as of December 31, 2017. As part of this transfer, the following requirements must be met… READ MORE
CSCF COURSE SCHEDULE – Alpine Canada and AASA are working hard to finalize and publish the 2017/18 coaching courses schedule. Please check the ACA Coach Education website next week for Entry Level courses.
AASA FALL OFFICIALS TRAINING – Dates are now posted on the AASA Calendar for general information. Course registration, Facilitators, and Locations should be assigned by the end of next week. Stay tuned to AASA Calendar for more details on events
- October 14 – NZ (Edmonton) level 2 officials course
- October 14 – SZ (Calgary) level 2 officials course
- October 20-22 – North American FIS TD update (Vancouver)
- October 28-29 – Level 3 officials course (Calgary)
- November 4 – Coaches Level 2 official course (Canmore, AASA offices)
- November 11 – South Zone (Calgary) Officials Update
- November 12 – North Zone (Edmonton) Officials Update
AASA FALL COACHES TRAINING – Dates are now posted on the AASA calendar for general information. Course Registration and Locations should be assigned by the end of next week. Stay tuned to AASA Calendar for more details on events
- October 20 – NCCP Core Evaluator Training (Winsport Calgary)
- October 21-22 – Fall Coaches Meetings (Winsport Calgary)
- October 27 – Development Level Course Facilitator Training (By invite only, for more info contact email@example.com)
- October 28 – Entry Level Course Facilitator Training (By invite only, for more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- November 2-5 – Petro Canada NCCP Sport Leadership Conference
- November 4 – Coaches Level 2 official course (Canmore, AASA Offices)
- November 7 – Fall Coaches Update & Course Setter, Referee training (Calgary)
- November 8 – On Snow Technical Update GS with the AST staff, Nakiska
- November 13 – Fall Coaches Update & Course Setters, Referee Training, (Edmonton)
- November 15 – On Snow Technical Update SL with the AST staff, Nakiska
Categorised in: Uncategorized